National Certificate Freight Handling
- Thursday, 12 September 2013 14:41
National Certificate Freight Handling NQF 3 SAQA ID: 57831 (can offer Warehousing/ Distribution Centre operations Learnership 26Q260044351283, Courier operations Learnership 26Q260045351283, Port operations Learnership 26Q260046351283, Bulk operations Learnership not registered, Stevedoring Learnership 26Q260047351283, Air Freight Handling Learnership 26Q260043351283)
Purpose of this Program:
The purpose of this program is to equip the learner with the necessary knowledge and skills for freight handling administration, planning; goods handling equipment, to enhance the level of service and quality of service expected by customers, as well as create an
awareness and understanding of key business principles that lead to transformation, transferability, economic growth and social development in the freight handling industry.
The qualified learner is exposed to:
- The principles of the freight handling business in South Africa
- The composition of the supply chain in the transport industry
- The importance of adhering to legislated and company required health, safety, environmental and security practices
- His / her responsibility in actions when handling freight
- Receiving, packing, storing, picking and dispatching freight from a warehouse, stockpile, stockyard, or hub in such a manner so as to ensure freight integrity and quality
Duration of the learning programme:
A learner embarking on this Qualification needs to obtain a minimum value of 128 credits to qualify for the Qualification; this learnership runs over a period of 12 months.