National Certificate Road Transport Administration
- Thursday, 12 September 2013 15:14
National Certificate Road Transport NQF 3 SAQA ID: 48437 (can offer Transport Administration Learnership 26Q260023241333)
Purpose of this Program:
The purpose of this program is to provide the learner with the relevant underpinning knowledge of road transport operations in order to apply this to all assigned functions. These core components of learning include knowledge of transport logistics, routing and scheduling, basic principles of road transport management and occupational health, safety as well as environmental protection that is applied in operating successfully in a road transport logistics environment.
The qualified learner is exposed to:
- The South African Road Transport industry and application of basic road transport managerial principles
- The typical customer by learning how to communicate and conduct business in a professional manner, within the parameters of the legal and institutional boundaries of South African Road Transport Legislation
- Occupational health, safety and environmental issues in the South African road transport industry as well as the approach to everyday road transport operational activities
- Sourcing and deliberation of road transport operational information as well as processing this information in such a way that it benefits the company
- Implementing this information in the organisation`s routing and scheduling activities
- Supervision of subordinates in a manner that will lead to harmonious interpersonal relations at the workplace
- Analysing, understanding and preparing a road transport budget to ensure the effective creation and implementation of costing and budgets
Duration of the learning programme:
A learner embarking on this Qualification needs to obtain a minimum value of 133 credits to qualify for the Qualification; this learnership runs over a period of 12 months.